Tuesday, February 3, 2009

That's an Expensive Cookie

Yesterday, I was at a grocery store that may or may not start with W and end in HOLE FOODS. Looking at the bakery area I saw the cookie case, I can't help myself I love cookies, and noticed the chocolate chip cookies were $1.19 each. There is another local store here that charges $2.25 per cookie and they're pretty small.

Where is the ceiling on this cookie cost crisis? Are we far from seeing a standard chocolate chunk cookie being $4 each? What's causing this dramatic rise in cookie cost?

I'm sure many will point to the increased cost of butter and flour, which is true, but are we now living in a time where a dozen cookies could cost $24 or more. I know I can make several dozen of this cookie still for less then $24.

I'd like to hear from you what's the most expensive cookie price you've seen in your area during this C.C.C (Cookie Cost Crisis) ?

No comments:

Post a Comment