Friday, February 6, 2009

Conifer Garden Tour Part 1

I've been wanting to conduct some guided video tours of my gardens and this is the time. If you're new to conifers hopefully these tours will get you to think about adding some to your garden. Also, this first tour will preview some upcoming events.

There will be several of the guided tours and I'll eventually cover every plant on my property in these tours. This tour covers some larger specimens that I feel reflect some of the diversity of conifers and some interesting gardening points.

For all of you conifer fans notice how I combined Pinus koraiensis, which was next to the camera, and Pinus virginiana.

For more info on some of the conifers covered in this tour check out these link from the American Conifer Society.

Pinus virginiana 'Wate's Golden'

Pinus bungeana 'Silver Ghost'

Pinus parviflora 'Tempelhof'

No comments:

Post a Comment